How to Add Your ERC20 Token to Your Celo Wallet
If you are trying to add your own token please make sure you have already read Josh's tutorial on how to make your own ERC20 Token on Celo.
Now that you’ve made your own ERC20 Token, you will want to have it displayed in your Celo Wallet. If you don’t currently have Celo Wallet you will need to download it first.
- Open up Cello Wallet and make sure you can see “Account Balance Details” then select “Add a new currency/token.”
If you don’t see the above screen then click the green “More” button in the upper left of the Celo Wallet app.
Then select "Balance - View Balances"
- Copy your token’s address and paste it into the “Token name or address” text field. If you don’t remember your Token’s address you can search for it by name on Celo’s Explorer.
- Click “Add” and you should then see the token listed. The token I added for this example is “BCN.” If you look to the far right you’ll see that only “BCN” has an “X” after its address. This is because I manually added “BCN” and the other listed coins are native assets from Celo.
- If you wish to send your token to another Celo Wallet click the green “Send” button in the upper left.
- Enter the recipient’s address and select your token from the Currency dropdown. You can then enter the amount of tokens you wish to send.
- You’ll be charged a fee in Celo for your transaction. Make sure you are sending this to another Cello Wallet! If the address, token and amount are all correct click “Send Payment.”
Congratulations! You’ve just sent your own token to somebody! Your token should be automatically added to their list. If for some reason it is not automatically added, they can simply follow the above steps.
If you have any questions feel free to message me on Discord at vissequ#1301 or on Twitter at @connorfabiano
(Tutorials for using different wallets such as Metamask will be added in the future.)